Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Review of this Velveeta Cheesburger Mac Cheesy Skillet

Made this for dinner tonight. As you all know, we were able to score these Velveeta boxed dinners for just $0.75 at Walmart with those $1 coupons that we all had.

I browned some ground beef, as per instructions on the box.
Added the seasoning pack and noodles. Then the Cheese.
This dinner is VERY VERY SALTY!!!  I could only eat ONE teaspoon and I was done - that's how salty it is!  On the side of the box, it states there is 850mg of Sodium per serving and that there is FIVE (5) servings in each box OR 4,250mg of Sodium in each BOX + add the Sodium that is in the ground beef to that total!
YIKES!

If you have this in your pantry and haven't made it yet, I recommend that you use only HALF of the seasoning pack. It MIGHT taste a little bit better.
As for me,  I tossed this dinner in the trash and $0.75 is lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment